Thursday, October 7, 2010

Honeymoon Day 1


I've been meaning to write about our honeymoon adventures for a while, so I'm going to break it into parts so it's not such a daunting task. On our first day, we got up early and flew to Los Angeles. I had been looking forward to trying Pinkberry for months, so we claimed our baggage and lugged it across the airport in search of celebrities eating frozen yogurt. Apparently you have to be departing from the airport in order to patronize the LAX Pinkberry so, tired and dejected, we headed to the rental car shuttle. We picked up our shiny blue Mustang and headed to Chad and Dan's house in Santa Barbara. We stopped for some In-n-Out burgers on the way, and arrived about an hour before sunset. We took Chad and Dan's dogs, Oprah and Eno, to the dog beach and had an enjoyable barefoot sunset walk on the shore (the picture is of me and Chad on the beach). We had arrived in California! On the way home from the beach, I told Chad about my fruitless frozen yogurt mission and he told me they had a Pinkberry in Santa Barbara but he knew of a local place that was way better. I ended the day with blueberry cheesecake yogurt from MacDonald's frozen yogurt, which is partonized by even hipper celebrities than that pretentious Pinkberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment