Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog Deadline


I have been meaning to create a blog for a while now, but the responsibility of it all intimidated me. I also had a panic attack the first night I brought my precious dog, Captain Maxwell von Scrufflepaws (pictured running his first 5k), home for his one-week trial before committing to dog ownership. Long-term committment is very difficult for me at the beginning and then I take to it nicely. This blog might end up being 90% Maxwell stories and 10% of my own life, and I'm okay with that.
I'm not sure if I like the dandelion template that I have chosen or if it is too whimsical. I thought it would help add playfulness since my blog name contains the word "lethal." The name is an anagram for Michelle Hartman, my shiny new married name. LethalMimeRanch seemed a lot cooler than being Michelle_Hartman198374646@gmail.com.
I have asked my friends Steve and Kevin to commit to a once-a-month lunch to keep in touch, every second Thursday of the month. Steve and I agreed to create blogs before our next lunch together, which is next week. I might have issues with long-term responsibility, but I never miss a deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment